Secure VPN connections can only protect your data when they are established. To make sure that your network connection is secured whenever required, Shimo allows to automatically connect VPN accounts based on certain trigger conditions.
How to automatically connect a VPN account based on the geographical location
- Click on the little Shimo icon in your menu bar
- Click Preferences...
- In the Triggers tab, click the + to add a trigger and select Geographic Location.
- Drag and drop the red pin to define the new centrer of geo-fence.
- Decide if you want to automatically connect a VPN account if you are Inside or Outside the geo-fence
- Enter the Radius of the geo-fence and click Save
- Click on the green plus and select the VPN account which you want to connect automatically based on the geographical location.
- Click on the little power plugs to decide if you want to establish or terminate the selected VPN connection when the trigger event occurs. If you want to establish the VPN connection, switch it on (green). If you want to terminate the VPN connection, switch it off (red).
- If the little question mark is blue, Shimo will ask you if you want to connect/disconnect the specified account. If the little question mark is greyed out, Shimo will automatically establish/terminate the connection (no dialog box). You only have to click on the question mark to change the color.
- That's it. Go ahead and test the new trigger.