With triggers, you can make sure that your connection is always secured – Always.
Secure VPN connections can only protect your data when they are established. To make sure that your network connection is secured whenever required, Shimo allows to automatically connect VPN accounts based on certain trigger conditions.
How to automatically connect a second VPN account when a particular VPN account connects (same for "VPN Connection Terminated")
- Click on the little Shimo icon in your menu bar
- Click Preferences...
- In the Triggers tab, click the + to add a trigger and click on VPN Connection Established
- Select the VPN account which you want to be the trigger condition.
- Click on the green plus and select the VPN account which you want to connect automatically when the selected VPN connects.
- Click on the little power plugs to decide if you want to establish or terminate the selected VPN connection (in step 5) when the trigger event occurs. If you want to establish the VPN connection, switch it on (green). If you want to terminate the VPN connection, switch it off (red).
- If the little question mark is blue, Shimo will ask you if you want to connect/disconnect the specified account. If the little question mark is greyed out, Shimo will automatically establish/terminate the connection (no dialog box). You only have to click on the question mark to change the color.
- That's it. Go ahead and test the new trigger.